I had a rough day yesterday for a variety of reasons. A sickening churn in my stomach signified I’d been triggered. I tried to blog about it, but I couldn’t find the words. It just felt off. So, I decided to try an antidote, and I blogged my gratitude list. I felt a little better writing that, but then something surprising happened.
My phone started blowing up with texts and comments from friends sharing their gratitude lists. I was stunned. Maybe right now in this day and age, I’d hit a trigger. Could we all be happier even when we read someone else’s gratitude list? Could one person’s gratitude trigger a small dose of gratitude in others? Is gratitude contagious? I don’t know, and I frankly don’t care. I’m just glad that it happened. In fact, I’m so glad that it happened that I’m going to do it again!
- I am grateful for the tiny snow that we got this morning that reminds me that I’m not in charge, and I’m a miniscule part of this ecosystem we call earth.
- I am grateful that my dog makes me giggle with her funny faces.
- I am grateful for the evolving long-term relationship I have with my sister that never stops changing.
- I am grateful for my 12-step community.
- I am grateful that I love vegetables and fruits and am satisfied eating something so healthy and inexpensive.
- I am grateful for this cute little town that I live in with its Victorian homes and walkable streets.
- I am grateful for my running coach and the long-term friendship we have shared.
- I am grateful for my warm, cozy bed that’s already started calling to me.
- I am grateful that I discovered meditation.
- I am grateful for the ability to support myself in a manner of living that makes me happy.
What are you grateful for? I really want to know!