What a glorious day my higher power hath made! What am I grateful for?
- I spent the day with Nancy who traveled with me through relapse, recovery, divorce and rebirth. She’s one of those easy friends who totally gets my story and loves me through it. I am grateful for love in all kinds of packages.
- I ran 5 miles last nights got, 5 miles this morning, and walked 6 miles this afternoon. I’m grateful for my health, access to healthy food and my stamina. I can sleep when I die.
- I am grateful for a job that lets me afford little trips into Chicago.
- I am grateful for sobriety. It’s the only way to live.
- I am grateful for Ashok who is so patient and flexible with me.
- I am grateful for this big, beautiful body of water called Lake Michigan.
- I am grateful for ice cream. Even though sugar seems to be really hard on me, the fat content of ice cream makes it a little less troublesome.
- I am grateful for my little house in Michigan. It’s a comfortable spot to return home to.
- I am grateful for laughter. No matter what troubles occur, laughter makes it more palatable.
- I am grateful for peanut butter. It is an inexpensive, tasty, easy to carry source of protein. I couldn’t live without it nor would I want to.
Headed home… y’all have a great week!